Thursday 2 February 2012

What is ahead, lies in thy hands Oh Captain, My Captain.

Eniola Obafemi
138 Greenwood Court,
Penticton B.C,
V2A 8H1
February 2, 2012.

Captain Draude
Commander
HMS Princess Margaret.

O Captain, My Captain:
           Good day Captain Draude. Today was a day of thought for me as I recently learned about the terrible predicament that just arose concerning the presently stuck submarine, and the heart-wrenching decision you are obliged to make. With a heavy heart, I am pleadingly writing to you that I may be included among the list of your chosen survivors which may include yourself, so that I may have the chance to continue with my young and industrious life.
 
          Being only 16 years of age, I am still a young teenager. I have not grown enough to be able to reach my maximum potential yet in life. If I am given the opportunity to survive, I plan on being highly instrumental and beneficial to the community and the world at large starting from now and continuing in years to come. I am currently volunteering in the Penticton Regional Hospital where I do various activities like serving water to the sick patients and playing fun games with the senior citizens. I realized I have a purpose in the community just by seeing the priceless radiant and appealing look on the patients faces. I am also involved with a mini-awareness group whose main goal is assisting the less fortunate people because; everyone counts no matter the condition of their status. I am also highly involved in sports and athletics. Playing football (soccer) has been my passion since I was 7 years because, I always see the smile the team I play with and I put on the faces of different individuals and I want that to go on for as long as I live. I also joined my schools basketball team mainly because of the same reason given above and the fun I would get from it. These are some of the things I have achieved and I know I have so much to give.

         Additionally, if my life is saved by you, I would continuously make my mother proud (My father died 5 years ago) for I am the only child she has. I have already begun by achieving those little things but I intend to keep it going as much as I can. After my secondary education, I plan on enrolling into a post-secondary institution and studying nursing then becoming a license practical nurse so I can still help people and work harder to become a Medical practitioner whose role is more enhanced in the health-care field. I believe that saving or improving the longevity of someone's life is the greatest satisfaction one can ever get. Being able to contribute more to the community in a positive way would make my life worthwhile. If I achieve most those goals I plan to support or start a foundation for the fallen comrades if I survive. The money may go into enhancing submarine utilities and emergency kits that could last for weeks, in case this situation were to repeat itself.

       Finally, I thank you so much for having the time to read this plea. I know you expect a lot from your survivors and I will be elated if I was chosen to survive. On the other hand, if I fall short of the list the list of survivors, I wish the other survivors and probably yourself the best of luck in all future endeavors. I am without a doubt, and absolutely positive that you will be able to make the right decision concerning this miserable predicament.

Sincerely,

Eniola Obafemi

No comments:

Post a Comment